Photobucket
to one of the most Posh blogs on the web! Posh Girl Couture is an online boutique that offers custom designs that are uniquely fit for a princess. Enjoy!



Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's the 411...You asked for it!




After posting my daughter's POSH Juicy Cutie themed party, MANY have inquired about POSHParties, PaperDoll Designs, and information on HOW they can have a nice theme party such as this. THANK YOU very much your emails and compliments...HOW EXCITING! So, you asked, and now I am going to give you the 411.

Posh Parties for Tots & Teens was created by ME in 2005 after leaving 5 years in the medical field. I have ALWAYS enjoyed planning over the top parties for my little ones. Birthday parties would come and go, so I would have Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Out of School, and Back to School parties (LOL)! We would even make up reasons to have a party. So after learning more about wedding/event planning and receiving my certification, I proudly became a wedding and special events planner!

PaperDoll Designs is my little hobby that I enjoy the most. Designing unique and original invitations for any special ocassion is very exciting. I have designed and created invites for adult and children birthday parties, informal and formal weddings, anniversaries, showers, and school related events. I also enjoy designing the event stationary such as place cards, programs, event itineraries, save the dates, favor tags, gift bags, and more. Speaking of gift bags, PaperDoll Designs will design and create theme favors for your event as well. The invitations that I used for the Juicy Cutie party were blanks purchased from Hobby Lobby. Of course I added a few EXTRA's to make it more personal for the BDay girl! I normally DO NOT do paper plates for any of my events, but the plates were just the right color and coordinated well with the theme.

More about the Decor:
The color scheme was pink and chocolate. Juicy Couture signature color is pink, but they design in so many girly colors. Choose the colors that represent your birthday honoree the best. Along with the pink and chocolate I added a touch of antique gold. The gold touches made it more glitsy and fabulous...the words my POSHGirls always like to use! Do not go over board with your accent color...it is what it is;-) I used pink satin chaircovers and table linens with chocolate sashes that I tied around each chair. Our main tablescape consisted of pink and chocolate place mats that were 12x12 sheets of scrapbooking paper. I placed the theme paper plates on top of my antique gold charger plates and used clear fluted glasses for the guests drinks. The dinner menu's were created on pink and chocolate paper and placed in gold picture frames.  The menu's were changed for breakfast the next morning.  For a bold personal centerpiece and to show off our love for JC, I purchased antique gold wall letters in the initials of the BDay girl. The guests main favor bags which were actual JC shopping bags were placed in the chairs of each guests. Inside was a JC starter charm bracelet and a pink party t-shirt that was designed for the theme of the party.  Of course, have plenty of balloons for filler decor, from the floor on up!

SWEETS & TREATS
An AWESOME way that you can bring out the main colors of your event is a candy or sweets buffet. I used pink bubble game machines filled with candy, cotton candy, cookies, pretzels, marshmallows, and strawberries that went very well with the pink chocolate fondue....YUM!  I made a pink cherry limeade that our guests received from a very fun punch fountain.  I highly recommend Glamour Avenue Parties in Houston to do your candy buffets...THEY ARE FABULOUS

I really enjoyed this party, not because it was my daughter's but because it represented her to the fullest.  She is a huge JC fan and still girly girl enough to LOVE PINK!

For more information and details, please feel free to contact this POSH Party Planner <

4 comments:

  1. No problem! I no longer do much party planning now that PGC is in full force, so I will definetly recommend your party planning services as well! New YEAR...NEW Opportunities;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this! I love it! New Year New Opportunities! It will be an exciting New Year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still do party planning at all?

    ReplyDelete